Key Strategies in Treatment of Drug Addiction with Hypnotherapy
The author of this paper proposes that hypnotherapy can be used to effectively treat drug addiction when five key factors are present. These are:
1) The willingness and motivation to participate.
2) The patient must be under constant supervision,
3) The drug supply must be completely abolished
4) Extensive hypno-analysis must be done to reveal significant neurosis and direct suggestion for cessation must be given.
5) The patient must be seen a set minimum period of time so that relapse is unlikely.